Learn the story behind Wayside's work in our 2015 Annual Report
Please help us fight local hunger
- Free & Nutritious Community Meals: Weekly meals hosted in safe and welcoming settings at community centers, schools, and faith-based organizations.
- Mobile Food Pantries: Monthly deliveries of groceries to neighborhoods experiencing transportation barriers.
- Food Rescue: Work that prevents food from being wasted and redistributes it, free of charge, to food pantries, soup kitchens, and social service agencies. Connects farmers, backyard gardeners, and hunters with surplus harvest to food pantries.
How to donate
Donating to Wayside is as easy as using our secure donation form. Donations may also be mailed to Wayside Food Programs at PO Box 1278, Portland, Maine, 04104.
In addition to cash donations, there are a number of innovative ways to contribute, including: Estate planning, which can contribute to Wayside's mission. Employee match programs, where employers match a portion of employee contributions. To learn more about innovative ways of contributing to Wayside, please contact us.
How much your donation can buy
- $25: enough for 10 rows of vegetables.
- $50: enough for 35 prepared meals.
- $100: enough to fuel 4 Mobile Food Pantries.
- $500: enough for 6,500 lbs. of healthy food.